Conduct research to understand and address societal challenges. Research approaches include systematic reviews, evidence syntheses, meta-evaluations, research on evaluation, action research, and mixed qualitative-quantitative research.
Provide timely and actionable information on program processes and outcomes. Evaluation approaches include logic models, Theories of Change, developmental evaluation, outcome mapping, and outcome harvesting.
Design, implement, and evaluate plans sharing results to a wide variety of audiences. Knowledge translation outputs include briefs, posters, infographics, data visualizations, and key messages for social media channels.
- Client has ownership over the evaluation process and product
- Work with clients (not for clients) to design and implement the evaluation
- Strive to understand why, how, and in what context a program works
- Engage those influencing (and are influenced by) the program in mapping change pathways
- Commit to eliminating inequalities across social identities such as race, gender, sexuality, and class
- Assess the extent to which programs impact different groups of people
- Provide timely and actionable evidence to foster learning and promote social change
- Focus not only on understanding “what is” but also “how to”