Steven Lam (he/him)
I am a consultant with Cathexis Consulting, an independent evaluation firm. I collaborate with clients to tell the story about their programs and services with qualitative and quantitative data. Alongside evaluation, I bring skills in applied research, knowledge synthesis, and knowledge translation.
Outside of Cathexis, I work as a consultant for various non-governmental organizations. I have contributed to projects on food security, climate change adaptation, environmental health, and more, in Canada and internationally. I hold the Credentialed Evaluator designation from the Canadian Evaluation Society.
I am also a PhD candidate at the University of Guelph, where I am a CIHR Doctoral Scholar. My research explores ways to integrate equity and climate change into all evaluations, regardless of the program. By systematically asking questions such as ‘for whom do programs work?’ and ‘what about climate change?’, I hope that evaluations can better serve social change.
– 6 years of professional experience in research and evaluation consulting
– 20 research and evaluation projects managed or supported
– 20 peer-reviewed publications and 11 technical outputs
– 20 conference presentations, talks, and guest lectures
– $226,000 in scholarships and grants to support PhD work