Steven Lam (he/him)
I provide research and evaluation services as an independent consultant. I have contributed to projects on food security, sustainable agriculture, climate change adaptation, rural development, environmental health, and more, in Canada and internationally. As of 2021, I hold the Credentialed Evaluator designation from the Canadian Evaluation Society.
I am also a PhD candidate at the University of Guelph, where I am a CIHR Doctoral Scholar. My research explores ways to integrate social equity and climate change into all evaluations, regardless of the program. By systematically asking questions such as ‘for whom do programs work?’ and ‘how might programs address climate change?’, I hope that evaluations can better generate learning in service of social change.
– 6 years of professional experience in research / evaluation consulting
– 11 contracted evaluation projects and 5 contracted research projects
– 17 peer-reviewed publications and 10 technical outputs
– 20 conference presentations, talks, and guest lectures
– $226,000 in scholarships / grants to support PhD work